Astronomical Photometry CD
Authors: Arne A. Henden & Ronald H. Kaitchuck
For the Adanced Amateur & Professional Astronomer (Software for the IBM-PC)
In addition to writing a book on the subject Astronomical Photometry, the authors have written a professional level computer program based upon the techniques described in their book. The software package is a fairly complete photoelectric photometry data reduction system. There are several programs, each of which handle a different aspect of the reduction process. This modularity allows the user the flexibility to adapt the reduction process to their specific needs. Specifics are:
- Input and output to the programs is via simple ASCII files.
- There are five major programs which calculate:
- dead time (if required)
- instrumental magnitudes and colors
- air mass
- heliocentric Julian dates
- extinction coefficients
- transformation coefficients to the Johnson system
- conversion to the standard photometric system
- the reduction of differential photometry
Data from either a pulse counting or DC photometer system can be reduced Programs execute on an IBM-PC or compatible. Requires only 128K memory. Automatic selection of math coprocessor, if present. Supplies as both executable (compiled) programs and FORTRAN 77 source code.