Pocket Sky Atlas, Second Edition
Perfect for beginners and experienced stargazers alike, Sky & Telescope’s Pocket Sky Atlas is your go-to celestial reference!
Sky & Telescope’s celestial atlases are the standard by which all other star atlases have been judged for more than half a century. Our Pocket Sky Atlas is no exception. This wonderfully detailed atlas is particularly handy to take on trips and use at the telescope, thanks to its compact size, convenient wire-bound design, and easy-to-read labels. To help you find your way, the charts show both constellation boundaries and stick figures.
By popular request, two special new lists are included in this second edition. One is a table of the atlas's 53 stars of unusual reddish hue (also known as carbon stars), and the charts where they are found. The other is a list of 24 nearby stars, with their distances in light-years and the charts showing their locations. All can easily be spotted in small telescopes.
THIS ATLAS FEATURES:
- 80 charts with 10 close-up charts
- More than 30,000 stars individually sized according to their relative brightness
- 1,500 deep-sky objects color-coded by type, including 675 galaxies oriented as they are in the sky
- Labels legible even in dim light
- Fits in a daypack or glove compartment, so you need never leave home without it
- Includes nearest stars and carbon stars
The regular and Jumbo versions of the Pocket Sky Atlas are identical in content. They have the same 80 main charts and the same 10 close-up charts, differing in page size alone. The choice is yours!